Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The Blue Award, an international competition for students of architecture, urbanism and regional planning, and also – in 2016 in its fourth edition – of civil engineering, is intended to reinforce the topic of sustainability in education and to promote young planners who examine social, cultural and ecological sustainability within the framework of university design projects.
It is awarded by the Department for Spatial and Sustainable Design at the Vienna University of Technology and the Society for Architecture and Spatial Design.
Considering its economic, cultural and social dimensions in architecture, regional planning, urbanism and in construction, sustainable developments should be accorded the same importance as technical and functional issues.
WCTE: Cooperation with the World Conference on Timber Engineering
The results of the fourth edition of the BLUE AWARD 2016 will be awarded and exhibited within the framework of the WCTE. Through the cooperation with the WCTE, this time the Blue Award 2016 will be also announced in the university disciplines of civil engineering, building technology and in particular in timber construction. Thus projects can be submitted in the categories of urban development and regional planning, architecture, building in existing structures and building construction.
Special consideration will be given to teams, i.e. projects that have been developed in cooperation with the disciplines of architecture and civil engineering. On this special occasion, a special prize for timber construction or the use of timber in the context of sustainability will be awarded.
- Arch. Kazuyo Sejima – president of the jury
- Arch. Cuno Brullmann (architecture)
- Arch. Much Untertrifaller (architecture)
- Former President UIA Albert Dubler (UIA representative)
- Prof. Wolfgang Winter (civil engineering, timber construction)
- Mag. Marina Hämmerle (urbanism)
- Moderation: Dr. Robert Korab
- Announcement/registration online: March, 1, 2016 / submission: May 9, 2016
- Kick-off lecture Arch. Untertrifaller: April 28, 2016 (Vienna University of Technology)
- Pre-jury: May 18-20, 2016 (Vienna University of Technology)
- Lecture by jury president Arch. Sejima: May 30, 2016 (Vienna University of Technology)
- Jury: May, 30 and 31, 2016 (Vienna University of Technology)
- Awarding of the prizes, catalog, exhibition: August 22-25, 2016 (as part of the WCTE)
- Second exhibition: October 2016 (Vienna University of Technology)