Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The aim of the “Sleeping” competition is to develop a design proposals for the hotel typology, intended as a place to sleep. It is asked to the participants to create innovative and unconventional projects on this theme, questioning the very basis of the notion of hotel.
Recently many initiatives, such as Airbnb and Couch-surfing, have been proposing new interpretations of the function of hotels, developing extremely successful business models. With similar creative attitude the participants are urged to create an artefact, merging considerable programmatic innovation and valuable design tools.
The proposal can be a device, a piece of furniture, an interior design project, a pavilion, a building or a urban plan. Scale of intervention, program dimensions and location are not given and they can be arranged by the participants to better suit their project.
Schedule & Fees:
- 1–31 March 2016 – Early Registration (45 €) period
- 1-30 April 2016 – Regular Registration (60 €) period
- 15 April 2016 – Submission opened on our website
- 1 May 2016 – Submission Deadline
- 2 May 2016 – Publication of the list of received projects on our -Facebook page
- 8 May 2016 – Finalists projects selection
- 16-22 May 2016 – Winners announcement
- 16 May-18 June 2016 – Call for Papers for the “Sleeping – Non Architectural hotels” book starts
- 1 September – The “Sleeping – Non Architectural hotels” book available
Prizes: 3 winners (1000 euros prize), 14 honourable mentions, 50 Finalists. All selected projects will be published in the Non Architecture competition book.