Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
This is a single stage Ideas Competition with the aim of identifying the best proposal for a Cultural Building Refurbishment in Lido Island – Venice, Italy.
The purpose of this Ideas Competition is to generate solutions that can have an impact in the cultural activity of the city. This Competition aims to breathe new life into this sector of the city, benefit the surrounding community through the successful restoration of this public building into a relevant cultural equipment and spark the reactivation of these series of unused buildings and spaces.
Working with this memory and the inherent value of the place, since 2011 the theatre building has been protected and reactivated by a local Organization – Association Teatro Marinoni – connected with an international network of schools, associations, professionals and artists. Their dream for the future is to revive a common space dedicated to art, care and education, a transdiciplinary school for cultural innovation, artists’ residency and citizens encounter.
Working directly with this Organization, this competition has the goal of providing practical solutions to all diagnosed needs, in order to accelerate the revitalization of this built complex and help accomplish their remarkable mission.
Underlining this assignment a series of question can here be raised:
– How can abandoned urban sites can be brought back to life and benefit their communities?
– How can a cultural Program and its public activities successfully activate and regenerate an urban sector?
– How will the existing buildings be adapted to respond to future transformations?
– How should the memory of the place be recovered and integrated in the new functions of the site?
A total fund of 5000€ in prize money will be awarded to winning entries and awards of merit. To all the awarded proposals, online promotion will be made through specialized websites and blogs.
- First Prize: 3500€
- Second Prize: 1000€
- Third Prize: 500€
- 5 Awards of merit, with no monetary prize
This Competition is open to all students and professionals of areas related to Architecture, individually or in group up to 4 members. Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged.
Registration fees range from 40€ in the First Stage Registration to 90€ in the Final Stage Registration.
- Jan. 19th – Competition Launch
- Jan. 19th – Feb. 19th – First Stage Registration – 40€
- Feb. 20th – Apr. 9th – Second Stage Registration – 60€
- Apr. 10th – Apr. 30th – Final Stage Registration – 90€
- Apr. 30th – FINAL DATE FOR PROJECT SUBMISSION
May 20th – WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT