Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the wonder-workings of art printing papers. Thanks to these carefully-formulated papers, we get the best quality of art prints, even by doing it ourselves.
Anyway, not all art-printing papers can produce prints of superior quality.
QUICK COMPARISON: Our Top 3 Picks For Art Papers For Art Prints
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →SEE CUSTOMER REVIEWS →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →SEE CUSTOMER REVIEWS →|
Therefore, after a long search for the best printing papers, we have come down to a total of 4 today. According to seasoned artists, these 4 are simply the best papers for making art prints at home today.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s go ahead and take a look at the list!
Best Art Paper for Art Prints
- Best Art Paper for Art Prints
- Hahnemuhle Matte Photo Rag, 100 % Rag, Smooth, Bright White Inkjet Paper, 19 mil., 308 g/mA, 8.5x11", 25 Sheets $43.79 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 09/24/2021 07:30 am GMT
- Hahnemuhle Museum Etching Paper (8.5 x 11 in.) $50.65 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 09/23/2021 04:29 pm GMT
- Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, 100 Sheets) (S042180),Black Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
- Moab Entrada Rag Bright 300 Paper (8.5 x 11", 25 Sheets) $43.52 Buy Now We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. 09/23/2021 04:17 pm GMT
- How to Pick the Best Art Paper
- Hahnemuhle Matte Photo Rag, 100 % Rag, Smooth, Bright White Inkjet Paper, 19 mil., 308 g/mA, 8.5x11", 25 SheetsBuy Now$43.79We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.09/24/2021 07:30 am GMT
This Hahnemuhle pack contains 25 sheets of printing papers. All the sheets are 100% rag and acid-free.
These particular ones are 8.5” x 11” in size and made ideal for producing vibrant photo prints. They receive both inkjet and pigment dye processes.
First of all, the surface of the paper is soundly smooth. It can project all your prints and make them appear flawless – no harsh lines; nothing.
The colors on the print will last for a pretty long time because the sheets are rag-based. Moreover, they are acid-free, which means your art will not face discoloration or abrasion for a long period of time.
With these, you will be able to produce images with a matte finish print.
We have here another Hahnemuhle pack of art-printing paper. These sheets are also 8.5” x 11” each and are rag-based as well.
The paper wonderfully accepts inkjets and other dye-based inks and is OBA-free.
This pack also comes with 25 sheets of printing papers.
The paper produces high-quality classic photo prints.
Once printing is done, the paper yields a matte-coverage finish. If you prefer matte to gloss finish, then this would be ideal for your projects.
Similar to the display you get from glossy papers, this matte sheet can also blend together vibrant saturations with adequate highlights.
The sheets are also created to be OBA-free (optical brightening agents). This truly provides the “long-lasting” feature to your prints.
If you’re looking for heavyweight tracing papers, we have the Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper.
The package contains 50 sheets of printing papers of 8.5” x 11” each.
This paper gives prints a matte texture and it accepts all sorts of inks.
Epson has come up with these papers to target professional photographers and artists to create an extraordinary digital matte effect on paper.
Yes, the papers work with any sort of ink and still produce high-quality images. Its receptibility is super incredible. From experience, they also work marvelously with Epson Archival inks.
Now we have one that is made purely from cotton, hence, the name “Moab Entrada Rag Natural 300”.
They are acid and lignin-free and allow a clean blend of different picture effects to all projects.
There are 25 sheets of 8.5” x 11” inches inside the package.
The Moab Entrada Rag Natural 300 is smooth and produces crisp and fine photos. This is perfect if you want to create sharp and professional images all the way!
Inks such as pigment and dye-based inks can be used on the paper. The outcome will still be as anticipated.
We like that the paper is lignin-free (lignin is an element present in wood that can cause discoloration of paper in the long haul). Therefore, there is no need to worry about the colors fading or the paper developing blemishes. It will stay fresh for a lifetime.
How to Pick the Best Art Paper
- OBA/Acid/Lignin-free: Of course, everybody wants their hard-worked art to possess the original colors for a long time. Normal papers contain OBA or lignin which can discolor and age the paper as time passes by.
However, the papers we have listed above contain no such substances. They are well-formulated for the sole purpose of maintaining the original color of both the paper and colors.
This ensures a longer lifetime of your photo.
- Different weights for different prints: When trying to find out the best quality of printing paper for your photos, consider these three variations first:
- For normal photograph prints, use lightweight papers. Papers starting with 210 gsm will be perfect for your preferences.
Normally, papers that are single-sided with a matte surface will produce excellent results for presentation.
- A heavyweight printing paper like theis 310 gsm and features a sleek surface which is acid-free.Hahnemuhle Matte German Etching, 100% TCF Pulp, Natural White Watercolor Inkjet Paper, 19.6 mil, 310 g/mA, 8.5x11, 25 SheetsBuy Now$40.26We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.09/23/2021 03:55 pm GMT
Such papers are suitable for very detailed photo prints that need high photographic effects.
- Finally, there are the thickest printing papers that are above 310 gsm.
For instance, the
Besides the stated points, we also want to remind you that from all different types of printing processes, giclee printing is much favorable for these papers.
The reason being they can produce larger prints than others and they use the 12-color process (unlike a normal 4-color process) to ensure more pigments as well as to match with the artist’s original colors.
We have come to the end of our printing paper journey and we hope that you found this review helpful. We also hope you find the best printing paper for your masterpieces!
For artists everywhere, on Architecture lab we have also reviewed the Best Paper for Prismacolor Pencils, cast a glance!